Friday, December 7, 2012

Meeting Miss Mustard Seed







Today was a Quinnspirational day! I had the great pleasure of spending the day with THE Miss Mustard Seed at my favorite MMS Milk Paint stockist, Shades of Amber in Monument CO.

Now, if you don't know who Miss Mustard Seed is, well, you must live under the decorative painter proverbial rock. MMS is a truly cool lady who turned a love of refurbishing cast offs into works of art. She inspired me and 20 something other gals (plus Brad)to go off and make beautiful things. You can check her out at www.missmustardseed.com

The morning was spent learning paint techniques and the afternoon we learned some great DIY tips and how MMS finds her inspiration.
I left there renewed in spirit to go forth and create beauty.

After delivering some 10 odd piece to Vail this week, I ran out of steam and this was just what the Dr. ordered to get my creative juices flowing and start thinking about finishing the pieces taking up precious garage space so I can start on the next project...making seat covers out of old burlap food sacks!

4 comments:

  1. Hey--that was a great day!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! That was a great day! It was so fun sharing the day with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    I shared your post on my fb page.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly,

    Such a wonderful post, we really appreciate the call out and we are sure Miss Mustard Seed does too! It was a very inspirational day and we are thrilled that we can help out with getting your creative juices flowing again. You inspire us too. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete